Home remodeling is among the most exciting home improvement projects, yet still the most tasking, from picking the designs you want to creating a reasonable budget.
Still one thing will make or break your whole project, and that's the kind of contractor you choose.
A good remodeling contractor can:
- Help you choose the suitable materials
- Guide you through the designing and plan layout process
- Assist you in coming up with a reasonable budget
- Offer helpful advice for the whole remodel process
- And do a good job that will not require redoing after a short while.
But working with an unqualified contractor is the opposite. Not only will all the decision-making be left in your hands, but you might also end up bringing in someone else to redo the work.
As Sound Construction, we have built a reputation for exceptional services and unmatched customer service. We hold your hands from the moment we sign the contract to the last step.
That does not mean we make all the decisions for you. We listen to the rough ideas of what you need, from which we come up with designs, which we implement after your approval.
Enough about us for now. Let's look at remodeling in detail.
A remodeling company, in general, does three main things: design work, building work, and project management.
Design work entails developing a design that meets the customer's needs and is within the budget. A well talented designer will also take into account what the homeowner wants and building codes and restrictions.
Once the design is finalized, the building work begins. This is where the contractor starts building what was designed. The contractor will also take care of getting any necessary permits and coordinating with other tradespeople who might be involved in the entire project.
Lastly, a remodeling remodeling contractor is also a project manager. This includes making sure that all the work is done on time and within budget, as well as dealing with any issues that might come up during the project.
So, now that you know what a remodeling company does, how do you go about choosing one?
Well, there are things to keep in mind when making your decision:
- Budget - Obviously, you want to find a company that falls within your budget. But take care not to sacrifice quality for the price.
- Scope of work: Make sure the company you choose can do the kind of work you need. For example, if you need a kitchen remodel, don't choose a company that only does bathroom remodels.
- Experience: It's necessary to choose a company with experience. This way, you can be sure that they know what they're doing and will be able to handle any issues that come up.
- Reviews: Reading through verified customer reviews is a great way to get an idea of what it's like to work with that specific company. Just be sure to read both the good and the bad reviews to get a well-rounded view.
That said, homes consist of many parts, and sometimes remodeling every corner is unnecessary. But there are specific places that make dramatic changes to the appeal and value of your home. A good contractor will give some tips on this, but we have highlighted a few places you can start with.
7 remodeling options that will make a difference in your Seattle home
- Windows - If your windows are old and outdated, replacing them is a great way to contemporize your home and increase its value.
- Siding - New siding can also give your home a new look. Plus, it can help with energy efficiency by keeping the heat in during the winter and cool air in summer.
- Roof - A new roof can also help with energy efficiency, and it can also add value to your home.
- Kitchen remodels - A kitchen remodel is one of the most common types of remodels. Changing a few things like new cabinets, new flooring, plumbing fixtures, electrical work and more, can completely transform the look and feel of your whole house.
- Bathroom remodels - A bathroom remodel is another excellent way to update your home and increase its value. Give your master bathroom a small facelift and see the impact it has.
- Deck or patio - Adding a deck or patio is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and make your home more inviting. Plus, it can also add value to your home.
- Basement remodels - A basement remodel can add a lot of extra living space to your home and be a significant investment. The best part is there are several ways you can remodel your basement.
Basement remodeling ideas for your Seattle home
- Add a bedroom - If you have an unfinished basement, adding a bedroom is a great way to make use of the space.
- Add a bathroom - Another great way to make use of an unfinished basement is by adding a bathroom.
- Add a kitchen - If you want to maximize the space in your basement, adding a kitchen is a great way to do so.
- Add a family room - A family room is a great way to create a space for your family to spend time together and have fun.
- Add a home theater - A home theater is a great way to turn your basement into an entertainment space. This could also include a home bar.
- Add a game room - If you and your family love to play games, adding a game room to your basement is a great way to do it.
- Add storage space - If you need extra storage space, finishing your basement is a great way to get it.
- Add a home office - A home office is a great way to have a space to work from home.
- Add a gym - If you love to stay fit, adding a gym to your basement is the perfect solution.
There are many ways you can remodel your home in Seattle. But these are just a few of the most popular options. So, if you're planning to renovate or redesign your home, consider all of your options before deciding.
As mentioned earlier, the contractor you choose for the job hugely determines your results. So choose wisely.
Work With the Best Seattle Remodeling Company
is the best remodeling company in Seattle, WA
. We have years of experience in the home remodeling industry, and we're dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality materials, workmanship and customer service.
We specialize in home remodeling projects, including kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, basement finishing, and more. And we offer an array of remodeling options so that you can choose the best for your Seattle home.
Our eye for details and exceptionally talented experts ensure we do an amazing job every single time. All the materials we use are also of great quality so you have zero reasons to worry.
Our remodeling services include:
- Full home remodeling
- Kitchen remodeling
- Bathroom remodeling
- Basement remodeling
- Residential remodeling
- Remodeling contractor
- Countertop installation
- Interior remodeling
- Exterior remodeling
- Home renovation
- General contractor services
We also offer a wide variety of financing options; you're free to choose the best option for you.
Why Choose Sound Construction
- We have years of valuable experience in the home remodeling industry
- We specialize in all types of home remodeling projects
- We offer a wide variety of remodeling options
- We offer a wide variety of financing options
- We're are detail oriented and dedicated to providing our clients with the top notch workmanship and customer service
- We have a 5-star rating on HomeAdvisor
- We are incredibly responsive and offer great communication methods
- Customer satisfaction is our number one concern
If you're thinking about remodeling your home in Seattle, contact Sound Construction. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have about our services, and we'll provide you with a free consultation and estimate.
Call us today at (206) 482-6262.
Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, and the surrounding areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does a remodel cost?
A: Remodeling costs can vary depending on the size and scope of the project. But we offer a wide variety of financing options to fit every budget.
Q: What are some common Seattle home remodeling projects?
A: Some common Seattle home remodeling projects include full kitchen remodel, bathroom remodels, basement finishing, etc.
Q: What is the best time to remodel my home?
A: The best time to remodel your home is during the summer or fall. This is when most remodeling contractors are available, and it's also when you'll get the best selection of materials. Besides, the frequent rainfalls of winter can result in more time used.
Q: How long will a home remodel take?
A: The length of a remodeling project can vary depending on the size and scope of the project. But we always work diligently to complete our projects on schedule and within budget.
Q: What are your payment terms?
A: We have various financing options and you are free to choose the best option for you.
Q: How can I get started?
A: The first step is to contact us for a free consultation and estimate. We'll meet with you to discuss your remodeling project, and we'll provide you with a free estimate. Then we'll work with you to create a custom remodeling plan that fits your budget and your needs.